Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ginger Harvest

Hi everyone, it has been quite awhile since I last post anything on my blog! There's nothing much going on in my garden at the moment, as the last few months, I have been slacking in my gardening due to various reasons. Hope to get back on track soon.

Here's my ginger harvest from my potted garden, which I harvested yesterday. Ginger is one of the easiest to grow in a pot. I did not really take care of it, except to water the plant so that the soil do not dry out...after about 8-9 months, when the leaves begin to turn yellow and wilt, it is time to harvest the whole lot. You can however cut what you need when the rhizomes have grown to a substantial size. I did cut a knob of the rhizomes, on two occasions at the earlier months, for my cooking. Just cut what you did from one end, cover the cut area with soil, water as usual.
















 Yield : 1.2kg, not bad from only 1 pot!








Happy Gardening !


7 comments:

  1. That's a really good harvest. Beats running to the supermarket for supplies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fresh looking ginger!
    It reminds me to plant ginger! I'm going to try in pot this time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahhhoooooo!! Wonderful harvest! so satisfying and easy to grow some more! ;-)


    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger is so versatile and it has such a wonderful, soothing scent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,really a good harvest..
    I have tried few times to plant the ginger, but all eaten up by snails. 😂

    ReplyDelete